Our feline family are big fans of Yaheetech cat trees. We’ve had this one for several years now and it’s still a favorite in our home. Best of all, it has proven to be durable and easy to clean.
Today, we’re back with another Yaheetech cat tree tower review. This time we are reviewing their 54 1/2 inch cat tower. It’s smaller and shorter than our others which makes it a great choice for apartments, smaller cats, and especially…kitten rooms in cat foster homes!
So what’s to love about it and what’s not the best? Stick around because that’s exactly what we’re discussing.
Finding high-quality and affordable cat furniture isn't always easy. Here are our honest thoughts on this plush 54.5" Yaheetech cat tree. It's affordable, durable, and a lot of fun! #cats Share Meow
* I was graciously gifted this 54.5″ Yaheetech cat tree tower in exchange for sharing my thoughts with all of you. Even though this was a gift, all opinions shared are fully honest and fully mine. If I am not willing to spend my money on it, I wouldn’t advise you to, either!
Is Yaheetech a good cat tree?
In our experience, the answer is an easy yes. We currently have four rescue kitties in our home. Two of them (Rascal and Muppet) have just recently turned the big ONE! 😊 Our big baby boy Pips is not much older than two. Dizzy is our grumpy elder at 9 years old.
You can imagine the rowdiness and mayhem that takes place in our home on a daily basis, ha ha! Any furniture has to be built to last. Plus, as a cat mama who loves to spoil her babies, it has to be pretty comfy too.
Come say hi! 👇🏽
A Yaheetech cat tree tower “ticks all the boxes.” We now have three and two of them we’ve had for over two years. Even though these trees have had constant use, they still look great (with regular cleaning) and have held up much better than cat towers our friends and family have purchased.
In our experience, these trees have been:
- More affordable than many other cheaply made cat towers
- Made with high quality, luxurious fabrics fit for a kitty King & Queen
- Built-to-last: In our home at least, we have been impressed with their durability
- Plenty of spaces for a multi-cat home to enjoy without fighting
- A good balance of places to play, sleep, stretch, and scratch
- Solid. Even on our old unleveled floors, they feel sturdy and stable. They do also come with a wall strap to anchor the tree to the wall just in case your kiddo is extra mischievous.
Those are my honest thoughts about Yaheetech cat trees in general, but what have our kiddos thought about this one?
Short on time?
If you’re not a fan of online shopping, the dark gray version is available offline in many Walmart stores nationwide!
Ease of assembly
This is an easy 5/5 stars for us. Even if putting stuff together isn’t really your area of expertise, you should be able to handle this. 😊
The previous two Yaheetech cat trees were assembled by yours truly, and it wasn’t hard to do by myself.
This time, however, I enlisted the help of my talented husband so he could show us how it’s done!
As you can see below, what I do is lay all the parts out to make sure everything that’s needed is accounted for. This way, you’re not halfway through assembly only to find out you’re missing a piece. Thankfully, I’ve not had that happen with Yaheetech.
May not be the best for really large cats
In their assembly instruction booklet for this tree, Yaheetech recommends a weight limit of 11 pounds for the side bowl and the lower hammock.
Every single one of our babies have gotten in that bowl so far for a snooze. Rascal and Muppet are small kitties so they fit perfectly. Dizzy is about 11.5 pounds and makes the bowl pretty full. Pips on the other hand is a chonky 13.5 pounds and makes the bowl overflow 😂
I gave this category 3.5/5 because if you have only large cats, this tower may not be the best one for you. However, if you have a mix of big and small like we do, this tree might still be fine because some areas are plenty big for the big-boned among us. 😉
Need a larger cat tree? Take a look at these reviews below 👇
Cleaning and Overall Design
If you are wondering why I gave “ease of cleaning” only 3.5 stars out of 5, let me explain. As I mentioned in the quick summary above, “plush” cat trees that have extra padding and softer carpet do require a little more maintenance to keep looking new. This does not just apply to Yaheetech’s cat towers — it’s true of any tree with these features.
Thankfully, “more maintenance” doesn’t mean difficult. Soon I’ll be doing a post on how I clean cat trees, but for now, here are a few helpful tips:
- Use a cat slicker brush to comb up any loose fur by ‘raking’ any areas with carpet. It’s nothing short of magical what comes out!
- After you scrape up all the loose fur with the brush, now’s a good time to use the vacuum cleaner. This should grab most of what was left behind.
- To disinfect, use REScue spray. It kills a wide range of bacteria and viruses and is one of the most trusted products by Veterinarians and cat fosters everywhere.
*Keep in mind that you don’t really want your cat tree getting super wet. The particle board/wood will fall apart or grow more harmful bacteria. Be sure to lightly spray with cleaner and thoroughly dry.
Speaking of cat hair removal, here’s a friendly competition between several methods. Which do you think will win?
We really like the overall design of this cat tree tower, though. If your cats love to explore and spread out, this offers plenty of space.
- It has 5 scratching and stretching sisal rope poles.
- Plenty of places to take a cat nap for multi-cat homes, including the bowl, lower hammock, cozy cat house, and an extra plush cat bed on top.
- It’s a great mid-sized cat tree which is a nice choice if you don’t want a super small cat tree but don’t have room for the full sized options
- At the time of this review, there are two color options available: dark gray and light gray. In our experience, the dark gray has a bluish tint and the light gray is more silver.
This is a traditional cat tower so the design isn’t overly unique, but it is definitely one of the best cat tree brands in the classic design. Their quality for the cost is hard to beat, in our opinion.
Getting your cat some furniture of their own can really enhance their comfort and enjoyment in life. Who doesn’t love a well pampered cat?
I get it, though. Many of us also have budgets to stick to. It’s not always easy to find something luxurious our cats love that we can afford too. In our opinion, this 54.5″ Yaheetech cat tree tower makes both possible.
Still have questions? Feel free to ask me in the comments section below or visit here to learn more.
I’d love to hear from you. Do you and your cats have a favorite piece of furniture? Tell me about it 😊
🐾 Let’s Connect 🐾
Love & Healing Purrs,